Helped people in nonprofit and government organizations make decisions through dialogue and strategic thinking. Honed strong communication skills with internal and external audiences.
- Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) by International Association of Facilitators (2006).
- Engaged community leaders such as Native American tribal representatives, elected officials, public advocates, donors, general public, and other constituents in all professional positions held—particularly as nonprofit executive and park planner.
- Consultant to volunteer boards and staff for setting programmatic goals; e.g. Island Alliance, Hancock County Cooperative Extension, Lavender Country Folk Dancers, and Puppet Showplace Theater.
- Internal and external consultant to New England national parks and other National Park Service offices for planning and organizational development services; e.g. Southwest and Northeast Regional Offices, Acadia National Park, Cape Cod National Seashore, and Lowell National Histirical Park.
- Trained in techniques of mediation and facilitation; e.g. Boston Facilitators’ Roundtable, Community Dispute Settlement Center, Community Mediation Services (VOANNE), and Leadership Strategies, Inc.
- Represented National Park Service, Maine Coast Heritage Trust, Maine Audubon, The Nature Conservancy, and other organizations to the general public and news outlets.
- Mastered a concise, simple writing style, with ability to meld other writers’ contributions into cohesive whole \ wrote and edited hundreds of products including program brochures, exhibits, websites, newsletters, planning documents, annual reports.
- Designed and presented approximately 2,000 public programs, engaging audiences as park ranger, professional planner, nonprofit and government executive, visiting faculty, and consultant.
- Developed deep knowledge and skill in public education as environmental educator and front-line park ranger, combined with master’s degree in education.
>> My Clients for more about facilitation experience.